This heritage Seattle radio station is currently seeking students to intern in the Promotions Department. This is an excellent opportunity to learn hands-on about radio broadcasting, marketing and promotions. The 95.7 KJR FM intern position is unpaid and students applying for the position must be enrolled in school and attending classes where intern credits can be applied toward graduation. Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter internships are offered. If you are interested in working in an environment that is fast paced, fun and gives you an inside look at how a radio station works, this is the position for you!
95.7 KJR FM Intern Duties:
- Working with the 95.7 KJR FM Promotions team in executing station contests and events such as major station promotions, community programs, movie premiers, sales remotes, concerts and festivals.
- Helping to set up broadcast areas and promotional materials (hang banners, coordinate sampling/giveaways) at station events and other marketing opportunities.
- Act as a liaison between 95.7 KJR FM and our listeners.
- Assist with listener prize fulfillment, winner sheets and on-air contesting.
- General office duties including phone calls, mailings, and organizing prizes and station merchandise.
- Represent 95.7 KJR FM in a positive and professional manner. Outgoing personality a must!
- Enrolled in school where you can receive credit for the internship
- Responsible with great attention to detail
- Energetic and outgoing
- Self motivated with the ability work well in teams or on your own
- Reliable transportation is helpful
If you would like to apply for an internship, please send cover letter and resume to:
Jenny Gudmundson - JennyGudmundson@clearchannel.com
95.7 KJR FM Promotions
c/o Jenny Gudmundson
645 Elliott Ave. West, Suite 400
Seattle, WA 98119
Clear Channel Seattle/95.7 KJR FM is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our creativity and productivity are best when we bring together people of all backgrounds and ethnicities. Therefore, Clear Channel Seattle/Oldies 95.7 strongly encourages men and women of all races and backgrounds to apply for positions for which they are qualified. Clear Channel Seattle/Oldies 95.7 hires employees based on their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job. Discrimination or harassment based on race, sex, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected classification is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.